TWS is Looking to Hire a Benefits Account Coordinator
- June 16, 2014
- Category: News
JOB TITLE: Account Coordinator-Benefits Department
LOCATION: Gainesville, Georgia
HOURS: Full Time
HOW TO APPLY: Email resume to Rob Fowler.
JOB SUMMARY AND PURPOSE
The Account Coordinator position is one of the most crucial jobs within the organization. It directly supports the Broker(s) during the sales phase of the business; then once the account is acquired, assists the broker by maintaining an extremely positive relationship between TWS and our clients.
ESSSENTIAL DUTIES/PERFORMANCE PROFILE
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships in liaison role with insurance company service partner contacts (such as underwriters, sales and service representatives) and client contacts.
- Proficiently learn and know marketplace; carriers, underwriting requirements and the benefits/services they offer.
- Keep benefits team and broker(s) fully informed of all important activities on client accounts.
- Participate in seminars and classes for skill and knowledge development.
- Quality check of applications, claims processing, and audit enrollment applications.
- Assist with client service issues, and day to day requests.
- Maintain records within internal systems, both electronic and hard files.
- Act as liaison between client and insurance companies in order to independently resolve all service problems. Specifically, assist the client in resolving billing, claims, eligibility, COBRA and customer service problems.
- Independently manage with input from Broker(s) Employee booklets, enrollment kits, enrollment forms, letters and checklists.
- Preparing and insuring accuracy on audits, census data and quoting.
- Preparation of reports deemed necessary by the Broker(s)
- Keep all information on accounts accurate and up to date.
- Demonstrate a “whatever it takes” attitude to ensure client satisfaction.
QUALIFICATIONS AND JOB SKILLS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to preform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: High School diploma or equivalent is required. Prefer a
minimum of two years related industry experience and/or training but not required.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Thorough knowledge of Employee Benefits insurance. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret industry policies and contract documents. Ability to respond to common inquires or complaints from customers or carriers. Ability to effectively present information to insured’s and carriers. Excellent oral and written communication skills; command of the English language.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to apply basic mathematical concepts such as percentages, adding, subtracting, multiplying and division. Ability to apply mathematical operations to required tasks.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Strong attention to details. Enthusiastic attitude, cooperative team player, adaptable to new or changing circumstances, sensitive to client needs, self-motivated and innovative.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: TWS will provide the resources to obtain and maintain a current Georgia Life & Health insurance license.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Outlook and Adobe and able to use multiple technology devices.
- Ability to perform duties in a high-pressured, fast-paced environment.
- High degree of critical thinking, organizational and decision making skills as well as a high degree – – Ability to determine work priorities and remain flexible as needs and priorities change.
- Professional telephone skills and etiquette.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.- Self-motivated and ability to work independently with limited supervision within the benefits team.
The above statements are intended to be a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. The incumbent’s may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those stated in this description.
To apply, please email your resume to Rob Fowler.