TWS is Looking to Hire an Employee Benefit Account Manager
- January 20, 2020
- Category: News
JOB TITLE: Employee Benefit Account Manager- Benefits Department
LOCATION: Gainesville, GA
REPORTS TO: Rob Fowler, CEO
EMPLOYMENT CLASSIFICATION: Full-Time
HOW TO APPLY: Email cover letter and resume to Rob Fowler
POSITION AND PURPOSE: The Account Manager position is one of the most crucial jobs within the TWS Employee Benefits Department. It directly supports the producer(s) during the sales phase of the business; then once the account is acquired, proactively contacts clients to manage the renewal process up to the renewal date. Assists the producer by maintaining an extremely positive relationship between TWS and our clients.
ESSSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare RFP’s and market new business and renewals
- Follow up with markets on outstanding RFP’s
- Prepare spreadsheets of quotes to be presented by producer
- Complete renewal paperwork for carriers and employers
- Participate and coordinate all client meetings including pre-renewal, renewal and service meetings
- Review contracts, amendments, and SPDs for accuracy and coverage; identify errors and coordinate corrections with the carriers/vendors
- Assist in the renewal process by sending notifications to carriers, requesting options from carriers, creating rate/fee spreadsheets and cost projections to determine initial carriers presented, drafting a renewal presentation (document and/or PowerPoint), prepare client renewal confirmation requests, renewal confirmation.
- Join TWS producers on sales presentations for winning new business and retaining business
- Recommend appropriate changes or expansions to the client’s employee benefit programs.
QUALIFICATIONS AND JOB SKILLS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to preform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: College degree or High School diploma is required. Prefer a minimum of 1-2+ years of related industry experience and/or training.
- LANGUAGE SKILLS: Thorough knowledge of Employee Benefits insurance. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret industry policies and contract documents. Ability to respond to common inquires or complaints from customers or carriers. Ability to effectively present information to insured’s and carriers. Excellent oral and written communication skills; command of the English language.
- MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to apply basic mathematical concepts such as percentages, adding, subtracting, multiplying and division. Ability to apply mathematical operations to required tasks.
- REASONING ABILITY: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Strong attention to details. Enthusiastic attitude, cooperative team player, adaptable to new or changing circumstances, sensitive to client needs, self-motivated and innovative.
- CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: TWS will provide the resources to obtain and maintain a current Georgia Life & Health insurance license.
- OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Outlook and Adobe and able to use multiple technology devices
- Ability to perform duties in a high-pressured, fast-paced environment.
- High degree of critical thinking, organizational and decision-making skills as well as a high degree of initiative and attention to detail.
- Ability to determine work priorities and remain flexible as needs and priorities change.
- Professional telephone skills and etiquette.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently with limited supervision within the benefits team.
The above statements are intended to be a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. The incumbents may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those stated in this description.