This Notice applies to the following website:
- The Turner, Wood & Smith Agency, Inc. website, located at http://www.twsinsurance.com (“TWSinsurance.com”) and owned and operated by Turner, Wood & Smith Agency, Inc. (“TWS”).
The purpose of this website Privacy Notice (“Notice”) is to describe the personal and other information TWS obtains about individual and commercial consumers and customers visiting TWS’s Site, how it is obtained and used, and how you can restrict its use or disclosure. This Notice applies to information collected about individual and commercial consumers visiting TWS’s Site. Your use of the Site constitutes your consent to this Notice. If you do not agree with the terms and conditions of this Notice, do not use TWS’s Site. Please note that TWS’s Notice changes from time to time; we encourage you to review it regularly.
Information We Gather
The only personal information TWS obtains about individual visitors to TWS’s Site is information supplied voluntarily by you. This means that you can visit the public areas of TWS’s site without telling TWS who you are or revealing any personal information about yourself. To gauge the effectiveness of TWS’s site, TWS collects certain information about you as you move through TWS’s site. TWS’s servers automatically recognize your domain name (such as .com, .edu, etc.), the web page from which you enter TWS’s site, which pages you visit, and how much time you spend on each page. TWS aggregates this information and uses it to evaluate and improve TWS’s site.
You can choose to provide Personal Information to TWS in a number of ways; through TWS’s site, by sending TWS e-mails, or requesting information about TWS’s products or services. When you supply personal information for a specific purpose, TWS uses the information for that purpose (such as to provide the information you have requested). In addition, when you use TWS’s site to request information about TWS’s products or services or to supply TWS with information, TWS may use the personal information as it would use the same type of information obtained off-line for example, to evaluate your service needs and contact you regarding additional services you may find useful. You have the right to choose not to receive this information by notifying TWS of your preferences.
TWS Collects And Uses Information Throughout TWS’s site For The Following Reasons:
- To engage in transactions or communications. Name, address, and e-mail information may be collected and stored as part of the transaction history. The majority of the information collected under this category is contact information. We may need to share some of this information (address, payment) with TWS’s third party service providers that are required to accomplish the transaction on TWS’s behalf.
- To provide future service and support. Information collected for this purpose is both contact information and information related to products and service/support requested. This information is also used to provide service, product update, and similar notices.
- To select content. Information may be collected to help create content and navigation that is most relevant and user friendly. This includes information collected as a result of site navigation as well as information provided in forms.
- To respond to user inquiries and requests for information. This information includes your specific requests to receive further information.
- For Registration Purposes. Where we have provided you with the ability to create an account or profile of information, we maintain the information and allow you to update it at any time.
- To better respond to requests for service or quotes for product purchase. TWS will pass contact information to the appropriate TWS sales person for follow-up related to your request.
- As a result of legal requirements. TWS may be required to provide personal information to comply with legally mandated reporting, disclosure or other legal process requirements or if disclosure is necessary to protect the safety of TWS’s customers, employees or property.
- To protect TWS or TWS’s customers from fraud and other unlawful activities.
How can you opt out or request changes to how your personal information is handled?
TWS does not send unsolicited “junk” email (spam). TWS may use email to communicate with you, to respond to your emails, to confirm orders placed online, and to send information you have requested. If you receive an unwanted email from TWS, you can simply use the reply feature on your browser in order to ask TWS not to send you future emails. In the body of your reply, simply ask TWS to remove you from TWS’s list. If you do not receive acknowledgement of your inquiry or your inquiry has not been satisfactorily addressed, you should contact TWS’s Privacy Officer at 770-536-0161.
Sale Or Transfer Of Information
TWS does not sell personal information obtained through TWS’s site to third parties for marketing purposes. However, in the event of a sale, merger, liquidation, dissolution, or transfer of part of the business, trade or assets of TWS and/or any of its individual affiliates, TWS may share information about you to prospective buyers and all personal information collected about you via TWS’s site may be sold, assigned, or transferred to the party acquiring all or substantially all of the equity or assets or business of TWS. You consent to the sale and transfer of your information as described in this paragraph.
The Internet is an unsecure medium. Accordingly, TWS is not responsible for, and does not assume any liability for any harm, loss or damage you may incur by sending your personal information to TWS via the Internet, either by posting on TWS’s site, sending by e-mail or any other method of Internet transmission.
TWS is committed to safeguarding privacy. TWS requires its employees to protect the privacy of information about TWS insureds and requires its partners and suppliers to enter into written confidentiality agreements to protect your information. TWS employs appropriate security measures to safeguard your transactions, and contractually requires its partners and suppliers to do the same.
These measures include maintaining appropriate administrative, technical and physical safeguards to protect your personal information. In the event of a security breach impacting your personal information, TWS will attempt to notify you at your most recent email address on record. By providing your email address, you consent to TWS communicating with you electronically using your email address.
Social Security Numbers
TWS may collect and use Social Security Numbers (SSNs) in its course of business as necessary to process transactions. TWS is committed to safeguarding and protecting the confidentiality of SSNs, prohibits unlawful disclosure of SSNs, and limits access to SSNs to essential personnel or third party service providers that have signed written confidentiality agreements and who require access to such information to complete transactions.
Should you believe your personal information has been used in a way that is not consistent with this Notice or your stated preferences, or should you have further questions related to this Notice, please contact us at 770-536-0161. Written inquiries may be addressed as follows: Turner, Wood & Smith Agency, Inc., Attn: Chief Privacy Officer, 100 Brenau Avenue, Gainesville, GA 30501.
Links And Third Party Web Sites
TWS’s websites may include links to other websites (“Other Sites”), including access to content, products and services offered on Other Sites. Whenever you choose to access Other Sites or non-TWS content, a separate browser window will launch and you will leave TWS’s site. We urge you to familiarize yourself with the individual privacy and other terms for each linked site prior to submitting your personal information. We are not responsible for the content, privacy policies or practices employed by Other Sites.
How Will We Notify You If This Notice Changes?
TWS will post any material changes to this Notice at least thirty (30) days prior to the changes taking effect. You may choose to request that TWS delete your information, or your continued use of the Sites after receipt of TWS’s Revised Notice (“Revised Notice”) constitutes your acceptance of the Revised Notice.
Children And Minors
TWS does not target, nor does it want to collect personal information from minors (children under 13 years of age, or any other age defined under applicable law). If TWS becomes aware that a minor is attempting to or has submitted personal information via the Sites, TWS will notify the user his or her personal information will not be accepted, and delete any such personal information.
Persons Visiting from Outside the U.S. The Sites are hosted in the U.S. and are intended for U.S. persons. If you are visiting from outside the U.S. and choose to provide us with personal information, please be aware that you are transferring information to the U.S. which may be a jurisdiction with less restrictive privacy laws than those laws in your own jurisdiction. By entering personal information through TWS’s site, you consent to its transfer to the U.S. and storage and use of such information as described in this Notice.
The policies and practices described in this Notice replace all previous notices or statements regarding this subject as of 30 days from the update date below.