Tips to Help You Select the Best Individual Health Plan
- May 28, 2018
- Category: Article
The healthcare reform has created many questions and concerns for individuals. When considering health insurance, you want the most coverage for you and your family at the best price possible. As an independent insurance agency, TWS can provide you with guidance and support while selecting an individual plan that is best suited for your needs. We have identified many factors you need to consider when selecting an individual plan.
How To Select Your Individual Health Plan:
- Use an independent agency – Independent agencies have access to many markets and special programs and can shop around to find you the best plan for the best price. This would include coverage under the healthcare reform.
- Look at several plans – Every plan offers different levels of coverage.
- Consider any dependents – If you have children under age 26 without health insurance coverage through an employer; the law permits them to be on your insurance.
- Review providers in the network – You may want to make sure your primary care physician is in network.
- Determine what you need vs. what you want – Determine what you need and focus on that.
- Consider deductibles – Plan premiums can vary with high deductibles; this may save you considerable dollars.
- Make sure your prescription medications are covered – You’ll want to make certain that the plan’s formulary, or list of covered medications, includes those you regularly take, especially if they’re expensive.
- Don’t just look at premiums – Make sure you are taking into account other out-of-pocket expenses you will face and compare these within each plan.