Individual Open Enrollment Starts November 1, 2015
- October 27, 2015
- Category: News
November 1, 2015 is the start of open enrollment for individuals to secure health insurance. The first step in choosing health insurance for your family isvfinding a knowledgeable insurance broker. An insurance broker has a state license to sell and service contracts of multiple health plans or insurers. Getting your insurance through a licensed insurance broker is worthwhile, because they are not only knowledgeable about what different companies have to offer, but they are able to “shop around” and find the best company and plan for you and your family. It also doesn’t cost you anymore to use an insurance broker.
Health Insurance Tips
- Use an independent insurance broker that specializes in health insurance. TWS has knowledgeable Health Insurance agents that can help you find the best plan for your family.
- Look at several plans and understand your options. Each plan offers different levels of coverage.
- Consider any dependents. If you have children under age 26 without health insurance coverage through an employer, the law permits them to be on your insurance.
- Review all providers. You may want to make sure your primary care physician is in network.
- Determine what you need vs. what you want. This will help you focus on the things that are most important first.
- Consider deductibles. Plan premiums can vary with high deductibles.
Finding the right plan for you and your family can seem overwhelming, especially when you are not well-versed in what all is out there. Turner Wood & Smith is here to help and hopefully make finding the right plan simple.