How to Get the Best Deal and Coverage on Your Personal Insurance
- October 25, 2018
- Category: Article
Our objective is to get the best possible combination of coverage, price, and service on any personal insurance plan for our clients. Let’s look at some of the most important kinds of personal insurance and how to get the best plan.
Remember, life insurance is not just for the breadwinner. Stay-at-home parents need life insurance, too. To keep your life insurance rates low, you should live a healthy lifestyle (i.e. don’t smoke, don’t drink heavily, watch your weight, get regular physicals and exercise).
Do you have the replacement income you need should you be off work for six months to a year or more do to a disability? Disability insurance offers replacement income in the event you lost your income due to a covered injury or accident. One easy way to lower disability insurance premiums is to increase your deductible. Your deductible is the amount of days between your injury/illness and when coverage kicks in.
There are many things you can do to help keep your homeowner’s insurance premiums low.
- Increase your property deductibles.
- Make sure you insure your home and not the land.
- Add a security system to your home.
- Pay your premiums in full. Some carriers offer a discount for this.
- Are you over the age of 65 or in the military? There are senior discounts and military discounts available.
- Upgrade basic house systems such as electrical, heating, plumbing and roofing.
As with homeowner’s insurance, there are many things you can control about your auto insurance premiums.
- Many insurers offer a multi-vehicle discount (if you have more than one vehicle on the policy).
- Most insurers offer discounts to people with excellent driving records.
- Consider raising your collision and comprehensive deductibles.
- If you stay with a company for a period of time, you can receive discounts each year.
- Consider insurance when making your car purchase. Some vehicles are more expensive to insure.
Turner, Wood & Smith is an independent insurance agency that values tradition and is committed to a successful future for our company and our clients.