Christmas Tree Safety
- December 2, 2013
- Category: Article
According to the US Fire Administration over 400 homes are destroyed annually by causes related to Christmas tree fires.
Here are a few tips form Turner Wood & Smith Insurance Agency.
1. Keep your Christmas tree well watered.
2. Set your tree away from heat vents and the fireplace.
3. Inspect the lights. Check for exposed or worn wires, as well as broken sockets.
4. Turn off the lights at night; use a timer if needed.
5. Do not burn the tree in your fireplace.
6. Do not overload the electrical circuits.
7. Take your tree down the first of January.
8. Avoid placing breakable tree ornaments or ones with small, detachable parts on lower branches where small children or pets can reach them.
9. Always use the proper step stool or ladder to reach high places.
Selecting and decorating a live Christmas tree is wonderful holiday tradition. But remember how to care for your Christmas tree once it in your house.